The city of METALURGIA
About Joinville economic potential , the sixth highest growth in Brazil in 10 years
According to data published in the institutional profile, Joinville in Data 2014, consolidated by Perini Business Park, the economic potential of Santa Catarina's largest city in number of inhabitants, follows a growing trend being the sixth fastest growing city in the country in the last 10 years.
The region concentrates a strong industrial hub covering diverse segments such as metal-mechanical, plastics, textiles, information technology, metallurgical, chemical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, lumber, among others. It`s placed third in the southern region`s ranking, for generating revenue to public coffers, only behind the capitals Curitiba (PR) and Porto Alegre (RS). A strong point favoring Joinville is its facilitated logistics structure served by five ports and four airports within a 200 km radius.
Impacts of this growth fall squarely on the entire consumer goods and services chain in the region, including construction and real estate.
Joinville in data:
- More than 546 thousands inhabitants, the largest city in the state in number of inhabitants
- Less than 100 km from the region's four major ports and next to BR101 and other main highways connecting the country Mercosur.
- State's most important economic, technological and industrial center.
- State's largest industrial park with 1.800 industries and 15.500 business.
- GDP of R$ 18.5 billion
- GDP per capita of R$ 35.900.
- 21th highest HDI (Human Development Index) of Brazil 0.809
- Sixth city in Brazil with the highest growth in ten years.
- Santa Catarina's leader in number of exporting firms and second municipality in the state by volume of exports (US$ 1.610 billion) and imports (US$ 1.824 billion) in 2011
- Third largest tax revenue collection of ICMS in 2011.
- More than 183 thousand workers with a formal contract.
- Joinville is among the 100 best Brazilian cities to invest in business, appearing in 56th place by the ranking of consulting firm Urban Systems.